Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's been a while

Well, It has been a while since I last posted on here. Don't ask me why, it just is. We bought a house and man it's sure taking our money. I know that is what happens when you buy an existing home, but when you don't have much money, it sucks. I would like to get everything taken care of now so I don't have to worry about it. What I want to do is add to our attic insulation to bring it up to standards (and to keep our house cooler). I also want to replace every window in the house with energy efficent ones. I want to replace our back door as well as the door to our garage (to come inside, not the actual garage door). The next thing I'd like to do is completly replace our AC unit and have all the ducts resealed.

If I do all that, not only will we get a tax credit, but we should be able to cut our electric bills down by 30% or more. And that will be a long term blessing.

No comments: